Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bluegrass Gospel


I'm a big bluegrass gospel fan! I don't have many albums so some friends lent me a few CDs which I'm going through now.

Most of my music is from a group called Bluegrass Brethren. One of my favorite albums, In His Name, I received right after my accident in 2007. The song Lord Jesus written by Tim Bryant meant a lot to me at that time, and still does. The lyrics are below.

VERSE
Lord when I came to you
All things became new
But it seems like the 'old man,' he really wants to stay
And though you live inside, in you I must abide
Yielded each moment so I can go your way

CHORUS
Lord Jesus take me, remake me
Let you love shine through me
Lord Jesus hold me and mold me
Into the person you want me to be

VERSE
Lord, I give you the task
Of pulling off the mask
I wear in front of others each and every day
And would you please reveal the things that are concealed
Make your word more real to me
So I can know your ways

CHORUS

VERSE
I know your word is true
So help me trust in you
Guide my thoughts and actions
And the words I say
And would you do your part
To come and change my heart
So when I am with others
They'll see that you're the way

CHORUS

1 comment:

  1. I remember you all "busted up", lying in the recliner and listening to that song over and over on repeat :-) It is a good one!

    ReplyDelete