Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Young Pioneers

Laura told me to post on this so here it is...


The Young Pioneers is one of my favorite movies.

Molly and David Beaton are young newlyweds who head out for the vast wilderness of the newly opened Dakota territory in the 1870s to start a new life. They secure a large track of land as "homesteaders" and built a sod house to try to get through the long, difficult winter.

Soon Molly discovers she's pregnant, and it doesn't take long before the couple realizes that a depression, a blizzard and an army of grasshoppers who attack crops will make survival harder then they had planned.

I love the simple, pioneer life style. Kind of a dream of mine... Two lessons to note in the movie: Young husbands must learn to listen to their wives cautions. Second, don't borrow money! It is betting on your future. We need to learn to have faith and trust in God to provide for us rather then replacing that with insurance or running to get another loan.

2 comments:

  1. I merely suggested that you post on it because I saw how inspired you were after watching it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my family's favorite movies!

    ReplyDelete