Sunday, November 22, 2009

Duck

Saturday night I tried duck for the first time. I've been a little hesitant about pulling some out of the feezer to cook, afraid I might cook it wrong and have a bad first expirience. Finally I got some out and with the help of some good friends decided how to prepare it.

I'm not sure of everything she did to it but Kelsie cooked some fine duck. I was quite surprised and really liked it.


Mr. Weese did a good job cutting it up and arranging it on the silver platter.




Finish product. We figured out the current price after all the gear, license and shells was around $50 for the one duck. That doesn't include one's time either. Adam reminded me I forgot for figure in gas cost as well as some other items. I realize maybe we could do better on that price but hunting definantly is more for the experience then being a cheaper way to eat. I think I'd rather farm my food.

1 comment:

  1. I really wanted to try some! I guess you'll have to go hunting more.=)

    ~Susi

    ReplyDelete