Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reining, Cowhorse Lessons

My younger sisters have recently been interested in riding and have taken a few lessons. I've always wanted to do riding but just haven't taken the effort or spent the bucks for it. The other day I ran across an add for "Reining, Cowhorse Lessons". I met with the trainers and it looks like a great place to learn. They teach basic riding skills and proper handling as well as reining, cowhorse training. The head trainer has a 15 week program where she teaches just about everything one needs to know about horses. She, one other trainer and I are also wanting to learn roping together. Stay tuned for more...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a ton of fun. Some day I need to get lessons on poking cattle. I "know" how to ride, I just need the cattle part. Are you going to take the lesson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for a 15 week horse education lecture one evening a week. I'll be riding twice a week for a few hours at a time.

    ReplyDelete