Tuesday, January 5, 2010

4x4 Drive and Shooting on Sumas Mountain New Years Day


What was originally thought to be just a shooting trip turned into a good 4x4 drive and trying not to blow off the top of Sumas Mountain. Kirk Roberts was the only one who has seen the place before so none of us knew what to expect.

Shooting my new what was a 10/22

Phil and Adam shooting their ARs

One of the few times it's nice to have a lifted truck. Phil's rig was riding a little low and slow but made it up. (he's got a lift ordered for his rig btw :)

View from the top over looking Nooksack and Everson


Jacob Weese and William Van Cleve shooting

Kirk trying to lean into the wind

Staggering toward me trying to keep from being blown over

Blown over. Might as well just wait for the gust to pass!


Leaning into the wind

Blown over

Kirk and me

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'd like to visit that place sometime (maybe when it's a bit warmer!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I get my lift on Miguel said he will take us up the creek beed up there...now that would be some fun 4x4ing =D

    ReplyDelete