Thursday, January 21, 2010

Good handwriting


After the 1960s, it was argued that the teaching of cursive writing was more difficult than it needed to be. With the advent of typewriters and computers, cursive as a way of formalizing correspondence has fallen out of favor. Most tasks which would have once required a "fair hand" are now done using word processing and a printer. Most ladies now have kept it up but rarely do you find a man with good handwriting.

I was inspired one day when I was looking at some of the founding father's writings. It seems like they all had amazing handwriting! Why can't guys today learn to write like that? 

When I was in school I learned the basics of cursive writing but never did very much. After seeing those writings I determined to work on my handwriting. I have a long way to go. Any other guys with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment