Saturday, January 9, 2010

Equipping Men by Norm Wakefield


Equipping Men by Norm Wakefield is probably my favorite series of messages. I first met Norm Wakefield a few years ago at a father/son retreat. Norm is a easy going and very likeable guy. I remember him and dad talking together about computer programing, a common interest of theirs, and later debating Phil on PC vs. MAC. He grew up being very involved in football and told us some of his experiences. A few times he pulled up some funny videos on his lap top and showed them to us guys on his big roll up screen. I thoroughly enjoyed that week.

A year ago I watched his 9 video Equipping Men series by myself in the evenings. Since then our family purchased this 12 CD series. I downloaded them to my MP3 player listening to the first six Thursday at work and the last 6 on Friday. This is one series I can listen to over and over and still be challenged. He speaks very plainly and is easy to understand. I like his "well, what can we do?" summaries. I most appreciate his talks on identity and how fathers can turn their hearts back to their families.

It is available in several formats including audio cassette, compact disc, MP3 Multi-part download, 11 DVD series and Spanish. There is also a study guide download.

Topics Include:

It's a Matter of Identity
The Calling Out of Sons
A Father and His Daughter
Beware of the Wolf
Equipped to Love
In Search of Happiness
The Spirit of Elijah
Jurisdictional Leadership
Leading with Vision
Unshakable Faith
Heart Maintenance

No comments:

Post a Comment