Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bible Lessons for Manhood from the Battlefield of My Father's Youth by Scott Brown

At work I often spend long hours working my myself thinking (dangerous, I know!) and sometimes listening to music. I was thinking the other day about all the messages on CDs we have I'd like to listen to but never have time for. Today I brought the first set, Bible Lessons for Manhood from the Battlefield of My Father's Youth by Scott Brown, downloaded to my MP3 player and listened to all six messages. I really enjoyed this series and if you haven't heard it I strongly recommend it especially for fathers and young men. It is available from Vision Forum Miniseries.   

Topics Include:

Lessons for Manhood from the Battlefield of My Father’s Youth

Don’t Waste Your Youth

How Fathers Prepare Their Sons for Effective Work

Don’t Prejudge Disasters and Trust in the Sovereignty of God

Lead Courageously and Build Long and Loyal Friendships

Choose the Right Weapons for the Battle Against Impurity
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good set. Which message was your favorite? Do you think it is geared for a certain age rage?
    MJW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to one right after the other so I can't recall each message since they were all related and very good.

    I think it's great for teen boys and up. It's not light youth group stuff but good father/son material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sound really neat. I will have to get my hands on it some time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete