Thursday, January 7, 2010

Food, Inc. - 2009


On Christmas Eve while I was out shopping with the ladies I picked up the DVD Food, Inc which came out this last year. I've already seen it three times: Christmas Eve I staid up till 2AM watching it and all the special features. The next day I showed it to the family. A few days later I saw it with some good friends of ours. A very informative movie for those who are not aware what's going on in our food system. The movie has a bit of a bent though, encouraging government involvement for safety and large food companies going organic. I personally believe we should return to local food and small farms.


For most Americans, the ideal meal is fast, cheap, and tasty. Food, Inc. lifts the veil on our nation's food industry, exposing how our nation's food supply is now controlled by a handful of corporations that often put profit ahead of consumer health, the livelihood of the American farmer, the safety of workers and our own environment. Food, Inc. reveals surprising and often shocking truths about what we eat, how it's produced and who we have become as a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment